How Does Peroxide Lighten Your Hair?

I dyed my hair dark brown, but I want it lighter. I bought dark blond. But I get orange or yellow tones.

This is a bit confusing. Your question is how will peroxide lighten your hair. Then you go on and say you dyed it one color and it was too dark and now you dyed it another color and have orange or yellow tones. If you add peroxide to the hair it will lighten the hair with the heat of a blow dryer or even in the sun. I am not sure what you exactly want to do but this could lighten the hair and give it blond streaks in your hair.

There is a chemical reaction to strip the color from your hair. You are better off going to a salon or beauty school, if finances are an issue. Peroxide gives unpredictable results.

I strongly urge you go to a professional. Mixing different dyes in a short period can cause a chemical response that may damage your hair and even burn your scalp.

At best, your likely going to get what you got - colors that don't respond as you planned.

Not recommended to use hydrogen peroxide. More information: www.healthline.com/.../hydrogen-peroxide-hair#how-to

The safest peroxide to use is one you get from a beauty parlor. There's a big difference between beauty product peroxide than the one found in medical supply department area.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringOctober 30, 2019
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-Does-Peroxide-Lighten-Your-Hair.html