How To Clean a Popcorn Ceiling

My bedroom ceiling is covered in popcorn coating. Each time I lay in bed, my focus was drawn to the dust hang off the popcorn. For me, that was bothersome as I am asthmatic. The other day it occurred to me that I could use compressed air to blow them off. You know, the stuff that you use to clean keyboards. So off to Walmart I went. I bought 2 cans of Ultra Duster for $4 per can. I was able to clean my ceiling within 30 minutes. Just be sure to cover your furniture with plastic and have the vaccum ready for cleanup.

I use the vacuum cleaner to clean mine. I use the hose with the brush attachment. That way, I don't have to deal with the dust falling.

So did I!!! We just bought a house covered in webs!! Yukky!! But I did it!~~

Anonymous

My hose is not long enough to vacuum the ceiling so I bought a metal paint roller and broom from the Dollar Tree. I put the handle from the broom on the roller then put tape on it with the sticky side out. It takes some time to do each ceiling but I just do one a day until I have them all cleaned.