How to Clean Your Keurig
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Many Keurig coffeemakers end up in the landfill because they do not dispense water anymore, or just fill the cup a tiny bit. You can fix this yourself, and save the cost of a new machine.
Total Time: About 5 hours, including waiting time.
- white vinegar
- paper clip
- Remove the water reservoir, lid to reservoir, and the bottom piece the cup sits on. Wash and dry.
- Remove the K-cup holder.
- Bend a paper clip and clean out the holes on the bottom. Wash the K-cup holder and dry.
- Replace all the pieces.
- Fill the water reservoir with vinegar. Brew without a K-cup. Dump all the vinegar into the sink.
- When the reservoir is half empty, let the remaining vinegar sit 4 hours.
- Discard the vinegar and fill the reservoir with fresh water.
- Brew without a K-cup at least 12 times. You will have to fill the reservoir at least once.
- Brew until the cup dispenses the correct amount of water. It may take a lot of brews, but it will work.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun. Desktop Page | View Mobile
Generated 2022-10-25 08:06:56 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.