How to Make Apple Bunnies and Flowers

Category Miscellaneous
Learn how to cut up apples to resemble bunnies and flowers. What a nice way to serve this nutritious fruit snack.

When I was a kid, my mum would flourish the area around my sandwiches in my lunch boxes with apples that looked like little bunnies. This would make me (and my friends) so very happy, and super thrilled to eat the otherwise very healthy treat. I use her longtime techniques to give my apples a nicer look when on plates and platters. Here's how to do it!

• apples
  • knife
  • bowl
  • water
  • squeeze of lemon juice

1. To make bunnies, cut an apple into wedges.
  2. Advertisement

3. Slice out the core.
  4. Cut a little V shape out of one side of the apple skin on a wedge.
  5. Run your knife along the underside of the skin, stopping half an inch before cutting off the entire skin.
  6. The little cutout V will come off, making the ears for your bunny.
  7. Advertisement

8. Put some water and a squeeze of lemon juice into a bowl and place the bunnies inside. This will keep them from turning brown, and will also "freeze" the ears in place nicely and keep them up.
  9. To make flower and tulip shapes, do the same bunny ear method, but cut out more V shapes.
  10. Take a big chunk of apple and cut out its core.
  11. Cut into thin slices to make flower pedals. Lay these slices out in a circular fashion, then place the other cut apple on top. I used the apple stem as the flower stem. (See main image.)
  12. Advertisement

Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 30, 2019
🌻
🐛
😷
🐰
👒

Generated 2020-04-04 04:09:55 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️