How to Repair Chips on Ceramic Items

Category Kitchen
Small chips on the edge of a dish are unattractive, but usually, the dishes have plenty of life left in them. This page contains tips for disguising and repairing chips on ceramic items.

I got a beautiful teapot on Freecycle. It had a noticeable chip on the end of the spout. If it had been anywhere else, I would have covered it with a Sharpie or some other kind of paint. However, since I am going to drink tea, I was concerned about the paint getting into the water.

I solved my problem by using food coloring. You can mix the colors to get a custom match. I wish I had taken a before picture, but you can see I got very good results.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

You can repair the chips on the rims of plates/bowls, etc by filling in the color - if necessary - with marker and then covering with clear nail polish!

By Pam from L.A., CA

Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenMay 16, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃