Husband is Verbally and Physically Abusive

My husband scares me. He has had his hands round my throat, calls me horrible things; I feel worthless. His family tells me I am a burden on him. I have primary progressive MS, I still work full time. My dogs hide when he raises his voice.

We don't have arguments, he shouts insults. Last time I was told everything would be better if I got in the car and let him connect a hose to the exhaust and let the engine run. I don't know what to do, he acts lovely when other people are around.

By kerry

You must leave. There is no choice and I think you know this. Literally your life in in danger. This is beyond disrespect, he wishes you death and he revels in your pain. Get a lawyer and get what is fair and never speak with him or see him again. Even if you got/get nothing, you have your life and safety. Speak with someone at a domestic violence shelter-they will tell you this man is lethal. There is no amount of support or money that is worth your life and safety.

He sounds mentally ill. Look up Narcissist Personality Disorder. If he is a narcissist you should probably leave him.

Leave this man immediately. You know that you should. Contact your local women's shelter for help. There is no need for anyone to be threatened with death as the price of a roof over your head. You have a job, so you are not destitute.

Make a plan to leave at once. See a lawyer as well. Choking you is assault. You might also wish to speak to the police; a restraining order might be in order. Perhaps it is your husband who should be moving out of the house, although that is likely going to be much harder to achieve!

You need to call the cops on him, it is againts the law for him to abuse your with his hands,then go to a shelter, the cops will help you find one, take your dog to your parents or friends, you can't live your life like that, you can find some one who will not treat you that way.