Ice Cubes from Icemaker Have Stale Odor

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator. My ice maker makes ice OK, but the ice cubes have a stale odor to them. The refrigerator is less than 1 year old. What would the remedy be?

By Ron S

Best Answer

Ice cubes sit in an open container and the refrigerator air (far from fresh) blows over them all day. I got tired of garlic flavored ice cubes and bought some ice cube trays with a lid. The ice tastes great after a couple weeks. I turned off the ice maker.

Best Answer

The first thing you should do is check your water line to make sure there is no mould in it! If you have hard water, it can cause build up of minerals in the line, and can create mould.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJune 14, 2014
🌻
📓
😎
🐛