Ideas for Repurposing or Reusing Blankets and Comforters

I'm a blanket and comforter hoarder. I need something to do with them. Any ideas on reusing and maybe selling them? Some have bad places on them, but still quite a bit left to reuse. Help me please. Thanks

By Angie

There are lots of things you can do with them. You could reuse them as pet blankets, sell some at a yard sale, give to charity, cover a sofa or chair, or cut several up that are not in top condition and make a quilt or two. Keep one in the trunk of your car for emergencies, designate one as a picnic blanket or if they are in really bad shape, cut into wash cloth size pieces and use as rags for cleaning. Hope these ideas help!

I keep a couple of old comforters spread across the back seat of my car. No one ever sits there, but if someone wanted to, I would just stuff them in my trunk. Meanwhile, they are not taking up any space in my trunk so I have plenty of room for groceries etc. and they are available if we get caught on the road in a blizzard!

One cute and cozy way to cut them up for potholders or in 3"X3"for "mug rugs" aka "coasters". Cover them wth repuposed clothing and use tie to quilt type method of quilting for quick, very cool potholders or "mug rugs".

Yeah! Not just crafty and frugal, but E-Z breezy as well!

Anonymous

I use old blankets as the inner lining of my quilts instead of batting. The quilt blocks can have transfers ironed on them, then your daughter can use fabric pens, paint, or even learn to hand sew along design lines. Get a flat sheet for the quilt backing and voila a new quilt to give to grandma for Christmas.

by Grandma

I use old blankets as batting for quilt projects, then use flat sheets for backing. Your daughter could color each quilt square using iron on transfers and fabric paint or pens.

I have a lot of blankets and comforters and am trying to find something to do with them that maybe my granddaughter can help with. She's 4, and very quick to learn. Any ideas would be great.

By Angie

Answers

quilting! you can learn to quilt. It is laborious but fairly easy to learn. There are some fabrics that are hard and you have to use a stabilizer with them but aside from that it is fun because you don't have to get too ornate all you need is a sewing machine and some initial instructions