AntiquesCollectibles

Identifying Antique Lamps

Can anyone tell me anything about these lamps? I know they are antiques, but can not find a name on them anywhere.

It will be hard to give a value without knowing who manufactured the lamps. I would take them to a dealer

They look too new to be antique (which means over 100 years old). This was a popular style from the 1930s through the 70s (and I think they are coming back in reproductions now).

The wiring looks newer--so I am thinking they may be from the 1950s or 60s or the they were 30s/40s that were rewired. Although the switch also looks too new--many of the old lamps had a different style of switch.

You could try to take a picture of just one of the lamps with the shade on it and do a reverse image check of it (Bing seems to be the best for this) and see if you can match the pattern on the white that way--that may give you a maker or an era.

If you are asking to sell, I can tell you the market is glutted with lamps. There is a YouTuber who calls herself the Crazy Lamp Lady and she has every one and his/her brother out buying lamps for resale and that has literally tanked the price of most lamps. It is insane out there. Because of these videos (which are fun, don't get me wrong), but with these videos, the supply is at its highest ever and the demand is dropping daily.

If you are trying to sell, you may want to take them to a good resale shop and let them give you a price and sell them for you.

This way you will not have to worry about shipping and breakage. I can also tell you that since the USPS is going to DIM (dimensional weights) the price to ship these is going to be so expensive people won't want to pay for the lamps.

Post back with an update! Blessings!! Thanks for sharing!