Identifying Asian Ceramic Vases

Hi all, I am loving this site as I am going through a load of stuff that has been in storage, mostly antique and getting some great responses on here.

I have two of these vases (no lids if there are meant to be any) and the only marking on them is in one of the pictures.

I am not really sure if I want to keep them or not so if anyone can enlighten me as to what they are and any idea of approximate value I would grateful. Thank you

this image seems to me to be in the style of Satsuma pottery, but I am not an expert and have no real way of knowing whether it's original or facsimile

I did some researching and learned the markings were placed in the bottom's middle and not on the rim edge. That mark appears to be the artist who created this piece. It doesn't mean this piece of info rules out it being Satsuma.

It's colorful and unusual and I also learned that large pieces of such a vase were in a pair. Glad you posted the picture because it's an interesting and conversational piece of work.

Marks on the bottom of vases like this are at times not so easy to read. Here is a great site that you can go to to make sure the mark is actually from an Asian China company and not just the signature of the artist. www.christies.com/.../Reign-marks-on-Chinese-ceramics-An.... The site also has some great information about the pieces, history, and value of items. If this does not help then the next step would be to go to a shop that speicializes in these items and speak with them. They are better at identifying the marks and telling if the itmes are of real value or not.

Nice piece! Reading signature classroom.synoym.com/how-to-identify-marks-on-chinese...

Consumer Advice CollectiblesFebruary 19, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻

Generated 2020-02-21 08:04:51 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

CollectiblesConsumer Advice