ArtCollectibles

Identifying Framed Paper Cutout Silhouettes

I came across these two paper cutouts, they are pictures that are in the frame. They seem pretty old and the back of one says 1711, but I don't think that's a date, but it could be. What do any of y'all know anything about this? I would really appreciate it. I don't even know where to go.

Both are well known silhouette artists.

Friedrich Kaskeline was a Czech artist in the early 1900s.

I think the other one is Manni Grosze, he also was an early 1900s (mostly in the 20s) artist. He may be British...I am not sure. I know most of his work are art deco, which I personally don't think yours are, but he did have other styles.

I have not seen either of their items sell, mostly because their items don't come up much (yes, postcards and stamps), but if you have originals that are hand cut and signed (vs. prints or lithos), you may have something of value.

I suggest finding an art dealer in your town and having them checked out.

I would love to hear the value and more info that a true art expert can give you! They are neat!! Thanks for sharing.

These look antique and may be valuable. Take them to a few art dealers for free verbal appraisals

Consumer Advice Collectibles ArtSeptember 3, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓