Identifying French Porcelain Dolls?

Category Dolls
Porcelain dolls can sometimes be difficult to identify. Add that the doll has no markings and was purchased out of country and the search becomes harder. Some ideas for undertaking this project follow.

I bought these dolls way back then in one of the flea markets in Paris in 2005. I didn't know anything about these dolls, the seller tried to explain to me the history, but my French wasn't that good. The head, hands, and feet are made out of porcelain. If someone can help me identify these dolls that would be great.
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

These are beautiful dolls but if you can't find any type of marking on the doll it will be impossible for anyone to help you learn more about the story of these dolls. Try looking on the back of the head if you can or even the back of the doll. Check for any types of tags that the doll may have. I understand you purchased these at a flea market in France and did not understand what the lady was telling you about the dolls.

I have tried to find a doll company in France that makes these types of dolls and I am not having any luck at all. You might want to join a few doll forums and ask there if anyone knows about the history of your dolls. They could be sold in France but made in another country in Europe which will make it even harder to narrow down who really made these.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsJuly 10, 2020
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-French-Porcelain-Dolls-1.html