Identifying Small Black Bugs

Anyone know what this insect is? It's in my dining room and driving me crazy. I just noticed it yesterday, it doesn't have wings. I have vacuumed and mopped and am deep cleaning everything, but am still seeing some.

It looks like some kind of beetle. Put a few in a plastic bag and take it to a place that sells pesticides.

Looks like springtails to me and I know that because I have them at my country home as well good luck getting rid of them I have been trying since may of this year when we moved into our new home plus we been dealing with other insects as well springtails eat mold so if u have springtails u have a bigger problem to deal with I was told to buy a dehumidifier to help with the issue

Anonymous

Their called spring tails they won't bite you you most likely have them out side as well . Their a nusince. Hold off on watering outside for a while spray some tilestar can find at any do it your self pest store keep pets and children away until dry

It looks like a silverfish to me. They like to hide out in damp and dark places.

If you google them, you'll find several suggestions on how to get rid of them. Good luck!

It's definitely not silverfish because they look just like tiny fish with a silvery reflective look and they almost look like they are swimming when they move wriggle fast. I've seen also very similar little insects that are dark brown.

NO those are not silverfish

Anonymous

Silverfish are long and silver

Anonymous

If they keep appearing and I think they look like bed bugs. Aghhh. Get diatomaceous earth and spread it all over the house.

It dries up their bodies. Amazon sells it. Make sure it is food grade, then it won't hurt you or your pets.

These are definitely not bed bugs and it is very bad for your health to spread diatomaceous all over your house. It is a food grade product but that only means it will not kill you if you ingest it. It is however, very dangerous to breath it in so you should only use it cracks and voids so it can not be stirred up when fans, air conditioners, heaters and vacuums can stir it up into the air. I usually compare it to baking flour. Yes you can eat it but do you really think it is safe to be breathing it in?

I agree it's definitely not bed bugs, I had my pest guy come out and spray for it

Thank you. I have been going crazy.

I only see like one every week but I can't figure out what hey are and how to get rid of them..

the legs and antlers make me think it's a type of silverfish

Generally, control of pest beetles entails inspection of your plants and knowing what common beetle pests are in your area. Trap adults early in the season to identify and monitor pest populations before they become severe issues.
If you spot eggs laid on foliage or larvae actively feeding on foliage you can use a Neem Oil product to kill them before they hatch. Neem acts as a contact insecticide, so it has limited residual impact. Generalist Predators such as Ladybugs, Mantids, or Spined Soldier Bugs can also be released to control foliage feeding larvae.

If you see eggs or larvae that are on or within storage grains, you can use Diatomaceous Earth mixed with the grain; be sure to use food grade.
Controlling beetles is most effective when successful treatment of their immature stages is done. Manual removal of visible eggs and applications of Beneficial Nematodes to control larvae should be done early in the growing season before damage appears.

Hi, I was wondering if you ever found out what these were. I have the exact same looking thing on my window sill at work.

I had some water leakage problems lately which led to black mold on my bedroom walls. Now there are a lot of these little bugs in the still damp corners of the bedroom.

What kind of bug are these and how do I get rid of them?

Answers

Best Answer

It's probably a water bug. Bugs are attracted to food, warmth and moisture. If you get rid of the food and the water, they will go away. You can spray the corners with insecticide, provided you have no small children or pets.