Identifying Tiny Black Biting Bugs

Tiny black bugs have been crawling on me. They have sharp hard bites like a mosquito. The bites are mostly on my back, butt, and back of my thighs. I feel them crawling everywhere. It 1st started 6 months ago. I woke up and something was crawling across my forehead. I woke up to the crawling sensation. Then they were in my hair.

Nothing the doctor gave me works. I have taken invamectin. I've use permethema cream and I took bleach and vinegar baths. I bought bed bug spray and Raid bombs. My doctor even gave me cream for eczema. She thought it was eczema, but it wasn't. The only thing that seems to kill them and give me a little relief is Blue Star ointment, but I have to mix it with Vaseline because it burns in my groin area. I was tested for scabies; it was negative. Pest control said negative for bed bugs. I have no pets. I'm African American and I use grease in my hair so no lice.

The doctor thinks it's just hypersensitivity, but I've seen them. When I apply the Blue Star they die. I catch a lot between the creases of my back or legs. I put them in a zip lock bag, but the doctor didn't know what they where.

I however do notice that when I turn my air-conditioning on I feel them worse. I don't know if this is dust mites that come in at the AC vents or if it is spring tails. I did see a lot of water in my bedroom window when the weather was kind of cold. I live in Florida.

They can be bird mites. Try to capture some in a plastic bag. If that is what they are, you will need an exterminator.

Since you have them in a baggie, call your local home extension office and have them look at them so they can tell you what they are and they may have suggestions for how to get rid of them safely.

I am including a website for you to find the office nearest to you:

sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/.../

Post back what you learn.

Sending prayers that you find answers.

Be sure to GO BACK to the doctor if you find these bites are red, swollen or oozing as you may have an infection. Please do not mess with infections.