Identifying Trees?

I have 6 little trees growing in my front lawn, even though we have not had rain in Raleigh NC in quite some time, they are still nice and green. I plan to offer local persons the opportunity to come and dig them up for free. Can any one tell me what these little trees are?

Thank you.

Best Answer

The look like a pine tree and it seems they were started from seeds from another tree in the area. A lot of times trees like this will start to grow when a pine cone is dropped or a bird moves the seeds from one place to another.

Best Answer

Pinus Echinata- Shortleaf Pine- Has a variable form,sometimes straight,crooked,and irregular crown. This tree grows a average height 65-100 ft. Trunk size 1 ft. 8 in. to 2 ft. 11 in. Another name for this tree in the south is called Yellow Pine!

If you see the cone or come seed it could be a conifer... pine or fir. This shows those:

gardenerspath.com/.../

I can't see the base to be positive.

Post back what you decide!

These look like pine trees. We have them in my area, too.

There are so many different species of pine trees it would be difficult to tell from pictures of such young trees.
It does resemble our Florida yellow pine but still not sure.
It probably will not make a difference in the exact name if someone wants one or more of your trees.
I live in Florida and I can tell you - we would not have any takers wanting to dig up one of these pine trees as most want them cut out of their yards.

If you really want to know the exact name you could send a picture to your Agriculture agent or your master gardener as they will be more familiar with trees in your area.

npic.orst.edu/.../countyext.htm

www.google.com/search?q=cooperative+extension+service...

In These Pages
Home and Garden Gardening TreesOctober 25, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Trees.html