What Kind of Tree is This?

I found this poor tree in the trash and saved it. Can anyone tell me what kind of tree it is please?

Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

I'm not sure but it looks like this might be a camphor tree. A quick and easy method of identifying camphor is by crushing the leaves. This will release oils and the scent of camphor. If that smells like your rescued tree it might be a good idea to read up on it before saving it. Camphor trees have small back berries that birds really love and leave their "markings" all over everything near the trees. This also means the trees multiply very quickly and may be difficult to manage.
Here is a photo of camphor leaves and a care site - if this happens to be your tree.
www.google.com/search?q=camphor+tree+leaves+photos...:

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../camphor-tree-growing.htm

Answer this Question

5 More Questions

I have 6 little trees growing in my front lawn, even though we have not had rain in Raleigh NC in quite some time, they are still nice and green. I plan to offer local persons the opportunity to come and dig them up for free. Can any one tell me what these little trees are?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

The look like a pine tree and it seems they were started from seeds from another tree in the area. A lot of times trees like this will start to grow when a pine cone is dropped or a bird moves the seeds from one place to another.

Best Answer

Pinus Echinata- Shortleaf Pine- Has a variable form,sometimes straight,crooked,and irregular crown. This tree grows a average height 65-100 ft. Trunk size 1 ft. 8 in. to 2 ft. 11 in. Another name for this tree in the south is called Yellow Pine!

Answer this Question

My boyfriend has been cultivating this tree for I don't know how long. Can someone please tell me what kind of tree it is? We are in Southern California.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

This tree is native to California called Ash Fraxinus - calscape.org/fraxinus-dipetala-(california-ash)?srchcr=sc5ed7e89543837

Answer this Question

What kind of tree is this? It's growing in the parking lot at my office and when the flowers are blooming it makes it hard for me to breathe.

By Rebecca P.

Answers

Looks like a Mountain Ash or Black Locus tree.

Looks like Golden Rain tree.

Is the bloom a pink color? The neighbors have something that looks like this and it is a mimosa tree. It has a lovely fragrance, but you might be allergic.

Neem tree

If after flowering it gives puffy fruits like little rose lanterns then it is a Golden Rain tree which scientific name is koelreuteria paniculata.

Answer this Question

While hunting for morel mushrooms in a Federal forest, I came to a small area with these trees. This was in the state of Michigan. The Federal forest consisted largely of maple, oak, birch, and some red pine trees.

The United States Forest Service did not give me an answer about the mysterious ancient tree. I would appreciate any information. The photo is one of the dead tree limbs found lying on the ground.

Answers

I frequently visit our Ocala National Forest and I have found some smaller pieces of petrified wood and the park rangers have been very helpful in helping me identify the tree.

• We were never allowed to remove any items and our car was lightly searched when we left the park. We would not attempt to remove anything because it can be a federal offense in some cases.
  • I believe the weight of the petrified piece may depend on the type of tree (and even age) as the pieces I found were very light weight.
  • You did mention the common trees in your state park were mostly maple, oak, birch, and some red pine trees so it seems it could be any one of those.
  • You may be able to identify the piece/tree if you look closely at any knots on any fallen limbs (maybe one still attached to the tree) as each tree seems to have a different look inside the knot.
Answer this Question

Can someone please tell me what kind of tree is this? It grew so fast, this is at 5-6 months.

Answers

It is probably a paulownia (or maybe a catalpa). I have one in my yard also, kept cutting it down every year and finally decided to let it grow and discovered then that it was a tree. They stain things that are underneath it, so don't keep your garden chairs there! Read the reviews here to decide if you want to keep it or not, or if it is invasive in your area: davesgarden.com/.../

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Gardening TreesSeptember 18, 2018
🌻
🎃
😷
📓
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Kind-of-Tree-is-This-4.html