What Kind of Tree is This?

Category Trees
This is a guide about identifying various trees. It can be difficult to identify trees. Taking photos of the tree to your local garden nursery can be really helpful. Make sure to include up close photos of its leaves, flowers, etc.

I found this poor tree in the trash and saved it. Can anyone tell me what kind of tree it is please?

Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

I'm not sure but it looks like this might be a camphor tree. A quick and easy method of identifying camphor is by crushing the leaves. This will release oils and the scent of camphor. If that smells like your rescued tree it might be a good idea to read up on it before saving it. Camphor trees have small back berries that birds really love and leave their "markings" all over everything near the trees.

This also means the trees multiply very quickly and may be difficult to manage.
Here is a photo of camphor leaves and a care site - if this happens to be your tree.
www.google.com/search?q=camphor+tree+leaves+photos...:

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../camphor-tree-growing.htm

What kind of tree is this? It's growing in the parking lot at my office and when the flowers are blooming it makes it hard for me to breathe.

By Rebecca P.

Answers

Looks like a Mountain Ash or Black Locus tree.

Looks like Golden Rain tree.

Is the bloom a pink color? The neighbors have something that looks like this and it is a mimosa tree.

It has a lovely fragrance, but you might be allergic.

Neem tree

If after flowering it gives puffy fruits like little rose lanterns then it is a Golden Rain tree which scientific name is koelreuteria paniculata.

Can someone please tell me what kind of tree is this? It grew so fast, this is at 5-6 months.

Answers

It is probably a paulownia (or maybe a catalpa). I have one in my yard also, kept cutting it down every year and finally decided to let it grow and discovered then that it was a tree.

They stain things that are underneath it, so don't keep your garden chairs there! Read the reviews here to decide if you want to keep it or not, or if it is invasive in your area: davesgarden.com/.../