What Kind of Tree Is This?

My boyfriend has been cultivating this tree for I don't know how long. Can someone please tell me what kind of tree it is? We are in Southern California.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

This tree is native to California called Ash Fraxinus - calscape.org/fraxinus-dipetala-(california-ash)?srchcr=sc5ed7e89543837

I believe this is either a Stella or a Fuji cherry tree. It is hard to see the exact leave pattern.

It seems like you have land with a lot of amazing plants and trees!! So cool! Enjoy!

Thanks Pghgirl40! You haven't seen the AMAZING lemon tree we have! That is my favorite!

When I was a child and my beloved aunt Sue was alive, she would send us lemons from her tree. So envious! I would love a lemon tree!!

How neat!
I live in Florida and I have a 2 year old lemon tree; I'm hoping it will save me a lot of money as I use a lot of lemons.

I think it's grand to be around someone who loves growing - and caring for - all kinds of plants/trees.

I've found the best place to ask about plants and trees is your local County Extension Service as they know everything about all the plants/trees in your area. You can ask questions and send pictures.

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

ask.extension.org/

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Home and Garden Gardening TreesJune 2, 2020
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Kind-of-Tree-Is-This-5.html