Identifying a Bug Found on the Bed

So, our bug nightmare is continuing. The exterminator came and we seem to have a handle on the grain beetle problem. Every now and then we had been finding 1-2 in our bedroom sheets/pillow by a window. The exterminator sprayed the bedroom perimeter and put poison powder all along the outside of the window. Today, I found another tiny bug on the mattress pad (same location) when I went to change the sheets. I assumed it was the same type of bug, but I decided to check to make sure. I put it under a light and magnified it. I am attaching the pictures. I am beside myself. I want these bugs out of my house and certainly out of my bed. Please help. What kind of bug is this? Is there any connection between the 2 bugs? Any suggestions on how to handle this?

It is not a bedbug, so that is good news. It looks like another kind of beetle. Call the exterminator again and put this bug in a bag so he or she can identify it.

pestcontrolcanada.com/.../

Scroll down on this link to be sure, but it looks like larvae from the grain (or warehouse) beetle.

Your exterminator should have a warranty and redo the treatment to get rid of this next phase of critters. Be sure to have a few in a tightly sealed jar for them to see.

If they do not make right on this for you, you may want to contact the Better Business Bureau and see if they can file the complaint against them.

Wishing you a quick solution!

Oh, this is very helpful. From looking at the link, I can see the resemblance you are pointing out. This would actually make me feel much better - same bug in a different stage vs a new different bug. My husband and I were concerned that maybe it was a carpet beetle (varied carpet beetle). The initial infestation was definitely not carpet beetles so this would be new and different. Do you think its not a carpet beetle? That would be a great relief.
I killed but saved this bug..so far I have not seen another live bug or dead bug like this one. I still have some dead grain beetles showing up in my laundry room but its better now...only a few a day. We do have a warentee from the exterminating company. They also did an outside perimeter spray. Thank you so much for your help. Youve been great!

Oh, this is very helpful. From looking at the link, I can see the resemblance you are pointing out. This would actually make me feel much better - same bug in a different stage vs a new different bug. My husband and I were concerned that maybe it was a carpet beetle (varied carpet beetle). The initial infestation was definitely not carpet beetles so this would be new and different.

Do you think its not a carpet beetle? That would be a great relief.

I looked at carpet beetle larvae and it also looks similar see this link:

termitesblog.com/.../

That said, since you have already started with an exterminator, they can (hopefully) tell you what is what.

While it is not not unheard of to have several issues at once...but it seems like a coincidence because these things are so similar...

I am thinking this is a parent/child issue of either the grain or carpet beetle...meaning it may be possible that it was a carpet beetkle in the first place and now you have a few larvae around...both critters are known to eat flour, cereal etc.

Hopefully they company will resolve the issue completely.

Pests really do bug us (sorry for the bad pun). Wishing you a fast and quick solution and bug free fall! Prayers!!