Identifying a Houseplant

I was given some plants that the person did not know what they were. I have been looking to try to figure it out on my own, but have had little success. Please help. All of these were in water wrapped around bundles of other plants:

1. roots curved in to a hook shape 2. roots were feathery looking, maybe a hoya? 3. this was also in the jar of water, little spines on it keep me from thinking it's a Christmas cactus or Thanksgiving cactus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The top one looks like Kalanchoe blossfeldiana. I am not sure about the other one.

Thanks Judy! After looking up a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana I can see the resemblance in the leaves. What an interesting plant! Thank you for the suggestion! I hope that I can get it to bloom eventually.

The bottom picture is a cactus of some sort. On Facebook, there are houseplant identification pages you can share your photos on and get expert identification.

This other plant looks like a succulent of some kind.

Robyn

I think all 3 are succulents. The roots of a Kalanchoe are distinctive--see this image (although these are ill ones, it gives a good idea of what they look like):

www.researchgate.net/.../Kalanchoe-plants-infected-via-wounded...

The other two I am not placing.

Maybe your local home extension office can give you the ID. Here is an easy finder if you are in the US:

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

Post back what you learn.

Your top plant does look like some variety of Kalancho but there are so many kinds that you may have to wait until it blooms to be sure.
Here is a link on taking care of this one:

www.thespruce.com/growing-kalanchoe-plants-1902982

You may have to wait until the other 2 grow a little to identify them - unless Catherine happens to post a reply.

Your Ag agent may help but they may not be into flowers so much unless they have a Master Gardener close by.

Here is a link that you can ask questions like this and upload pictures.

ask.extension.org/

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantFebruary 26, 2019
🎃
🌻
🎂