Identifying and Finding Discontinued Wallpaper

I really need a roll of the attached wallpaper to replace a damaged patch in my late Victorian property. I've called Anaglypta and they say it's a discontinued design called Pattern 907. My decorator has also tried to find it and he was told by two respondents that it was a B&Q paper.

Can anyone help me?

Matching wallpapers, especially vintage or discontinued is very challenging. The key is knowing the exact pattern name, which if I am understanding is the challenge you are having.

If you have called the company and they said it is discontinued, that means it is one of theirs, correct? If it is one of theirs, then I am not clear why they couldn't give you the exact pattern name and number and even year it is discontinued.

Once you get as much info as you can, there are tons of places to shop for discontinued papers from eBay and ETSY to mom and pop shops (online and in person) and larger online companies, like one called b&q--their website link is below:

www.diy.com/.../DIY1624651.cat

I feel bad as I always like to answer the best I can, but I am having a challenge understanding exactly what is needed.

To avoid difficulties in the future, try to purchase extra rolls of wallpaper. For now, upload a picture to this website www.diy.com/.../DIY1624651.cat.

Hopefully they can help you

Since Anaglypta is located in the UK (we do not know where you are located) it may be difficult to communicate as you may have been talking to a "new" employee that did not really know very much about older patterns. Perhaps if you sent an email you might have better luck.

www.anaglypta.co.uk/contact

• It appears the pattern number someone gave you is probably RD907 as that is how most of their wallpaper is classified (RD####).
  • They do have pattern names also but seem to go by this type of number first.
  • You should try to find out what type of paper you have as this is what sites are asking for as well as a pattern name and the number you were given. I believe the number is a "look up" number for companies that carry their products.
  • The B&Q company does not actually make wallpapers they only carry paper they buy at closeouts and store closings and discontinued patterns. B&Q handles any brand of wallpaper as well as products other than wallpaper. So it is possible that B&Q did have some of this wallpaper at one time but they do not have any right now.
  • Ad

• You can search eBay for this paper even with just the number RD907 until you find out the pattern name but you are looking at a very long shot in ever finding it.
  • The only other way that I have ever found discontinued wall paper would be to Google Anaglypta wallpaper stores with your zip code and just start calling each one to see if they might have a roll stuck back in their storage room. If none found locally then you may have to go to state wide and maybe on to US wide. This can be a long and time consuming search but it does usually pay off.
  • Other than that, you and your decorator may have to get creative and maybe redo a wall in another paper.