HomeRepair

Identifying the Source of a Loud Boom Breaking Sound Inside

I was using the restroom when all of a sudden the biggest boom, crashing, breaking sound I've heard in my home happened. Not only did it scare me, but my dogs I thought the toilet had broken or exploded with me using it or that the washer blew up. It was directly from either the toilet or washer, but can't find anything wrong. There are no cracks or broken pieces. What would that have it been? I live in a trailer home with gas and electric.

That is very strange. Usually with a sound like that something stops working or shatters. If your toilet and washer are working and nothing is leaking, I would forget about it.

Wow! That sounds scary! Do you live with neighbors close by? Ask if someone else heard and, and if they know what it was. If you have no close neighbors, did you check the closets and such to make sure nothing fell? Last month I heard a loud crash which sounded like it came from my cellar and had no clue what it was as nothing looked out of place.

Turns out one of my flea market boxes fell over backward. I didn't notice it right away because it was behind the stack of boxes, not in front of it. Wishing you all the best.

I agree that you might want to ask a neighbor about the noise as mobile homes generally have thinner walls than houses so the noise could have been from the outside (down the road even).

Just be watchful of your gas and electrical appliances for a few days in case it was something on your property.