Individual Chocolate Cakes
These cute, easy to make little cakes are great for a quick dessert or treat. This is a guide about individual chocolate cakes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is taken from Nigella Lawson's recipe for Chocohotopots. (I made a few changes). They are delicious and quick to whip up. My picky kids can't wait for these to come out of the oven. Definitely a keeper!
Total Time: 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
Yield: 4 cakes
Source: Nigella Lawson's Chocohotopots
- 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (I just use half a cup of chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon of hot water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter 4 ramekins with an extra tablespoon of butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter. Cool a little (a few minutes).
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, and dissolved coffee.
- Add chocolate mixture to the bowl. Stir til combined. Pour into ramekins.
- The original recipe says to bake for 20 minutes. But, it's a little too gooey and under-cooked to serve to my kids. I bake them for 25-28 minutes, til there's no jiggle and the cakes are more set.
- When the cakes come out, you can add some chocolate to the middle or if you like to live dangerously, a spoonful of Nutella. Ice cream is really good on it, too.
- Let cakes cool for about 10 minutes, so no one gets burned. Enjoy!
May 17, 20160 found this helpful
Learn how to make them in this short video.
In This Guide