These are wonderful Gluten Free Casein Free Soy Free little nuggets of meat and vegetable made with a wheat free breading. They are so wonderful and healthy. They are made with aluminum free gluten free baking soda. They are just like chicken nuggets, if you happen to be choosing the chicken as the meat.
- 1 lb ground meat- pork, turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup Rice Chex or Rice Crispies or potato flakes
- 2 medium eggs or egg replacements
- 1 cup water or rice or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp GFCFSF baking powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup veggies, carrots, squash, zuchinni or sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal optional
Here is the link for the baking soda which is also gluten free and aluminum free.
The flaxseed in this is optional. This recipe uses a food processor but I would be able to cube it and mash it if I didn't have a food processor.
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Cook meat for 15 minutes in the boiling water.
- Transfer the meat to a food processor with 1/3 of the liquid and puree it.
- Transfer the pureed meat to a bowl and set aside.
- Grind the GFCFSF Rice Crispies or Rice Chex to a fine powder with a grinder or a rolling pin.
- If you are doing potato flakes, do the same thing with them.
- Transfer the powder into a large bowl.
- Shred or food process the one cup of vegetables.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into the large bowl and mix well.
- Take an aluminum pie pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Create the meat puffs into little oblong shapes that will fit into your child's small hands.
- Put the little puffs on the pan with the parchment paper one half inch apart.
- Cook until slightly brown on top. I just watch them to tell when they are slightly brown.
- Remember they have already been cooked, this part is just for browning them up a little bit.
Source: There is a youtube video for this as well. I am posting it here.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R-iZXnS9SV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Note: This recipe freezes well.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!