Gluten-Free Oatmeal Spice Muffins
Make these healthy muffins for breakfast or a quick snack. This page contains gluten-free oatmeal spice muffins
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Anyone will love these muffins, whether you are on a gluten-free diet or not! I made these healthier by using Truvia brown sugar blend and using water instead of butter on the tops of the muffins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14-18 minutes
Total Time: 24-28 minutes
Yield: 16 muffins
Source: Facebook group
- 3 1/2 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I didn't use)
- 3/4 cup applesauce (I was a little short on applesauce, so I added 1/2 of a small apple, chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar (1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp finely shredded orange peel (can use lemon instead)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted (I omitted this and used water instead)
- 1/3 cup sugar, mixed with 3/4 tsp. cinnamon (1/6 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put oats into food processor and process until they are a flour-like consistency.
- Put the oat flour into a large bowl. Add baking powder, salt, nutmeg and pecans, if using. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the applesauce, sugar, eggs, orange peel, vanilla and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full. Fill unused tins with water. Bake 14-18 minutes.
- While still warm, dip the tops into melted butter and then into cinnamon-sugar mixture. If omitting butter, brush lightly with water, and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
June 10, 20170 found this helpful
Yummm! My project for next week. Thank you :)