Simple Oatmeal Muffins
Making simple muffins with oatmeal is a great option for a quick breakfast. This guide contains a recipe for simple oatmeal muffins
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A delicious breakfast or a snack on the go! These oatmeal muffins are nutritious, and much better than the packaged, fat filled and way too sweet gas station version. These muffins are mildly sweet and go well with butter, jam, honey, or even just the way they are.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 2 dozen
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (1968)
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Combine quick oats* and milk in a medium size bowl. Let soak 15 minutes.
- While the oats are soaking, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until combined. Add the oil to the eggs and beat until light.
- Combine the egg mixture with the oats and milk.
- Make a "well" in the flour mixture and gradually pour in the wet ingredients. Mix gently, making sure all the flour from the bottom of the bowl is combined with the liquid.
- Pour into prepared muffin pans, each cup 3/4 full, and bake 18-20 minutes at 425 F.
- If you end up with spare batter, estimate how many muffin cups you will need to prepare. Fill the remaining cups halfway with water to prevent scorching and bake as normal.
*If you don't have quick oats, you can always chop up some old fashioned oats to recreate the texture. That's what I did for this recipe--turned out great!
September 24, 20170 found this helpful
Wish you'd fix it so it could be pri ted easily.
September 25, 20170 found this helpful
To print any recipe, just click on the More button under every title. You will be directed to the print options.