Information About China?

0
Share
Pin
3
Save
Follow
Print

What year is this from and how much is the whole set worth?

The company was in business from 1900 until 1981. To pinpoint the date of this pattern, you could inquire at replacements.com

This appears to be the pattern of your china and will give you an idea of how much it's worth:
www.replacements.com/.../105541

Here is a nice history on the company. I am still searching through my resources for the actual name of the pattern--and year--not the wonky name Replacements gives it.

www.laurelhollowpark.net/.../taylorsmithandtaylor.html

If I find it, I will post back.

Your piece is monogrammed, which is unusual--I rarely see monogramed pieces! That will definitely impact the value as it limits the number of people who would be interested it.

Replacements offers retail values for the pieces on their site--so you could expect to sell yours for 1/8 to 1/2 of retail--with the caveat that the monogram factors in to the value. So if you take their retail value for each piece you have, add it up and divide by two that could be your expected starting point--or you could go whole hog and try to sell it at their retail value and take best offer.

Normally I tell people it is best to piece out dishes to sell--this comes from years of my own personal reselling experience. But in this case, because of the monogram, your audience is limited so you may do better trying to sell it as a whole set.

Your options are also different than regular dishes is that you can get creative in your marketing--do you have any small boutique hotels or restaurants in your area that start with the letter "G"--it looks like a G monogram? They may want to buy the set to use in their operations.

Even places like fire halls or clubs that start with G and host meals may want the set. I would try that option first--you will probably realizes more of a profit trying to sell it that way, than just putting it up on Facebook marketplace--although you can do that--but I would only use local options--shipping this would be outrageously expensive and quite honestly, totally impractical.

Post back how you do with the set/sale!

Thanks for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles ChinaJune 4, 2021
🎆
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Information-About-China.html