Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs
The pieces of rice resemble porcupine quills. This dish is fast to make, and because you are using an electric pressure cooker, doesn't have to be watched.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes, plus time to come to pressure and release
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 Pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl combine the meat, rice, water, onion, salt, celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape into 2-inch balls.
- Add the meatballs and the beef stock to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on manual for 15 minutes and release naturally. Remove the meatballs.
- Add the tomato sauce and the Worcestershire sauce to the pot and heat through.
- Put the meatballs back into the pot. Stir and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!