VietnameseInternational

Instant Pot Vietnamese Rice Vermicelli and Beef

This is my version of Vietnamese Rice Vermicelli and Beef also known as "bun bo hue" made in an instant hot pot!

This is healthier to make at home versus going to a restaurant and can serve up to 4 people (average cost $3-5 a person depending what you already have at home, compared to $9-10 + tip at a restaurant). Plus no broth is necessary!

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 4 people

1. On the stove, fill a pot half way and boil meat to get rid of the impurities for a few minutes. Rinse meat afterwards.
  2. Prep ingredients. Peel lemon grass and chop off the leaves (keep whole stick). Slice 3" ginger root into 3 sections and peel an onion.
  3. Ad

4. Turn instant pot on to soup/broth setting and pour water in. Allow to boil then add onion, ginger root, lemon grass, star anise, cinnamon stick, salt, brown sugar and meat.
  5. Quickly over medium heat combine equal parts of olive oil and cayenne pepper to make chili oil for the broth. *Optional more or less depending on spice you want.
  6. Filter strain the chili oil and add to instant pot. Close lid and allow to cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
  7. Meanwhile, hydrate noodles in water then boil according to your noodles package instructions.
  8. Optional ingredients: meatballs and fried pork patty (chopped) and will be added into pot after completed cooking. Give pot a stir and taste broth. Add more salt or fish sauce if needed. Wash mint and slice lemons for garnishing later.

My favourite bun bo hue in town is $15. I can be a sucker no more! I shall use this ;) Thank you x

I can't wait to try this one. I love bun bo hue and had the privilege to order it in Hue, when I visited Vietnam. Yum!