AdviceDogs

Is Grape Seed Extract Toxic to Dogs?

I had been reading up on foods that a dog should never have sometime ago. I was surprised to learn that grapes and raisins are toxic to canines. Would that include the grape seed extract? It is an ingredient in Vitahound.

By Sandy B

Sandy...I love dogs and I'm so glad you brushed up on what people foods are best NOT to give to pets. You know my own view is if a product contains anything in it that is listed as do not give to dogs, I would avoid that product. Whatever is in grapes is also in the seed. I've seen so many homemade dog treat recipes that use garlic or onions also and that's a no-no and I don't make treats using the shared recipes found over the 'net unless it's really safe for my dogs.