Is Hen Scratch Feed Good for Birds?

I want to know if hen scratch feed is good for my birds. I have doves, sparrows, red birds, and blue jays.

By TRS

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mix whole and cracked corn with bird feed and the birds pick out what they like. I have noticed that in the winter, most select the black sunflower seeds first, but now they are going after the cracked corn.

I have finches, cardinals, titmice, chickadees, nuthatches, downies, doves, bluejays, and three or four kinds of native sparrows besides English. Starlings meet an untimely end and therefore we have so many native birds, and there does not seem to be as many insects. Birds also like lard - the real stuff - and peanut butter and suet. Some eat the insects that are attracted to the suet.