Is My Dog a Pure Bred Pit Bull?

Is my Athena a pure bred Pit Bull? We were told she was. If so what blood line do you think she is?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

He looks like he has more hound in him than pitbull. However, a DNA will tell you exactly what his bloodline is.

Anonymous

The breeder showed us her lineage and everything, the litter was registered. I think she is pitbull compared to other female pits. But you never know

No, it does not look like it. I see a bit of a hound like Judy says, as well.

to be specific-basset hound. that is not a bad thing but you'll probably know by his yowling

Anonymous

I think basset hound is incorrect, that's pushing it

Anonymous

I agree with the gang that this dog is a mix. She has the most beautiful expression on her face. I think she will be a wonderful dog for you.

I agree that there is probably some hound in her. Might be worth getting a dna test done. Lovely dog!

They lied to you

Anonymous

We'll see when she's full grown

I know he doesn't look exactly the same but he has the same coloring. Mikey was 2years old when I adopted him. he has some kind of hound in him and is a gentle loving pet. He does get into the hunting mode and makes all kinds of yodels. He is supposed to be shepherd mix. The rescue said black mouth cur. I do see a hound nose on your dog and ears too. She will be a good dog for you Mixes are wonderful dogs and have less health problems. Sometimes there is a different dog in heredity down the line I never had a dna test on a dog what they are they are and I love them.

Anonymous

She is called a blue nosed fawn, if you google it you'll see the similarities

Not pure.

Anonymous

vet said she is American Pitbull Terrier

Dog has american pit in it....but not full blooded. just predominantly american pit. its def mixed. you can tell by the ears. Americans ears dont go straight down. This dogs ears are too long to be 100% pit. thats why so many are suggesting hound dog due to the longer ears that go straight down. ( )- -( ) vs /'- -'\ American pits ears usually are flat and then drop down making like a 90 degree angle.

Your dogs ears dont. But no matter what the dogs breed is, its your family and will love you in a way nothing else compares to. Get a wisdom panel 3.0 or 4.0 from amazon and it will tell you every single breed in your dogs DNA. But it isnt American pit only. your vet was being lazy when they told you that because that isnt the full story, only the biggest part of your dogs story. Its good to know exactly so you'll know what health concerns to look out for.

Take a look at your dogs snout and ears compared to the pictures of pitbulls on the side
Your dogs ears are way longer like i said and the snout is a lot more narrow
Def a mixed breed......the positive is mixed breeds have less health complications

It looks like a great Dane to me