Is My Puppy a German Shepherd?

I'm wondering if my puppy is a pure German Shepherd, or possibly a mix. The guy we got him from said he was pure, but he still has very floppy ears, which I'm not extremely worried about but still. He is 8 weeks old and has very tiny hints of white.

Your puppy looks like a German Shepherd, not a mix breed. The floppy ears are typical of a young German Shepherd puppy.

Anonymous

Gsd cross staffy I have one

This dog has some German Shepherd. I'm not sure if it is a mix. You can do a DNA test to make sure.

What a doll baby!! I want to hug him! I see GS in him and a dash of lab or hound. It's a good time to get him established with the vet so see what he or she says! The vet can look at teeth, jaw, bones and hips and compare against breed standards! Post back what the vet says!! Wishing you a lovely life together!!

He has a lot of GS characteristics. Some white spots are OK, many have them here and there. the ears take a while to perk up, as they do so naturally there is no need to dock them. when you notice they are starting to perk up a little, stop manipulating and handling his ears, because you can counteract the process and end up with a permanently floppy eared dog. some GS take longer than others for the ears to stand up, but they will. 8 weeks is a little young for them to stand up give him time. Cut pup - he will make a very pretty adult.

It's a mix of Shepard and possibly American Rotty

BreedsNovember 15, 2018
🐰
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Is-My-Puppy-a-German-Shepherd.html