AdviceHealth & Beauty

Is My Tongue Piercing Infected?

Is my tongue piercing infected or is it normal to have a white bump/ring on both sides? I've been making sure my tongue is as clean as possible and I've been using Biotene to clean it after every meal and every drink that's not water. I got my tongue pierced on the 9th. There is no swelling and very little pain. Should I be worried?

If you have any doubts check with your doctor or if you have access to a free 24/7 nurse line you may want to have them look at that white lump to make sure it is not an abscess or scar tissue or a keloid. If you spike a fever, seek care immediately.

Infected areas are tender and sore. I would call the person who pierced it to look at it for your peace of mind.

When I had mine pierced, it looked like yours for 2 weeks. Use biotine and salt water rinses often. If it still looks like that or it starts to squeeze, go to the person who pierced you.