Italian Stew Recipes
Your choice of spices and vegetables can create a hearty stew with an Italian flavor. This page contains Italian stew recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is so easy to prepare and so totally delicious. In my family, this is one of my signature dishes. It can be served hot or cold. Perfect for any meal and picnics, Italians are big fans of the outdoor meal.
- two green squash (zucchini) washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic fresh or dried
- 2-3 large potatoes scrubbed and chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. of green beans, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Put all ingredients in a large pot. Add a cup or two of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Remove from heat and serve warm or cold with plenty of grating cheese.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
30 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: My own recipe, handed down by my mother Yoland Bruno.
By mm from Rochester, NY
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 lb. hot sausage
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 medium can tomato sauce
- 2 potatoes, diced (opt.)
Boil cabbage in water to cover in saucepan until tender. Pour off excess water. Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Add sausage and remaining ingredients to cabbage, mixing well. Simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours.
By Robin from Washington, IA
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (19 oz) can white or red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 (9 oz) package refrigerated Italian sausage, or cheese-filled ravioli
In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except ravioli; mix well and cover. Cook on LOW setting for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Before serving, increase heat to HIGH setting. Add ravioli, cover and cook an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until ravioli are tender.
By Connie from Cotter, AR