Japanese Chicken Recipes

Category Japanese
Japanese Chicken
Japanese cuisine uses chicken in a variety of ways. Share one of these delicious recipes with your family today. This page contains Japanese chicken recipes.

Yakitori is Japanese bite sized chicken pieces skewered, marinated and grilled with basting sauce. The chicken pieces can also include chicken parts such as the livers and gizzards. My personal preference would be the gizzards of those two parts.

You can also use an assortment of other types of meats and/or veggies such as mushrooms, green peppers, and asparagus but that will change the recipe title to Kushiyaki ;-)

I sometimes make an extra half amount of the basting sauce, cover and refrigerate to use at time of grilling for additional basting flavor or to use as a dipping sauce.

• 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium if prefer less salty flavor
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted if desired
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes

Directions:

Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, honey, green onions, garlic, and ginger.

Thread chicken onto skewers, place in a large enough glass baking dish for the kabobs to lay flat or in a large enough Ziploc bag that the skewers won't puncture the plastic, pour the marinade over the chicken, turn to coat well, cover or zip closed, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.

Preheat grill to high heat and brush grate with oil.

Place skewers on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until juices run clear when pierced with a folk, about 6 to 10 minutes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Oh this is just ridiculously good!

Yeaaah! Deeli! Must commend you on this one. I always trust and adore your recipes and you just happened to post one of my favourite Japanese foods! High five, girlie! Delish!

This sounds so good Deeli! I imagine it would also work well as a stir fry sauce too.

Anonymous

Lyonpridej, I am going to give that a try! I have company coming next week and was thinking about using this recipe as one of the meals to grill while my cousin is here but think I'll pull the wok out instead because of your suggestion! Thank you so much for such a good light bulb moment! :-)