John Deere 150 Keeps Stalling

My John Deere 150 starts for a few seconds then dies. The tractor/mower has 30 hours on it. I have changed the plugs, gas, air and gas filters, but no change. I can get it to crank successfully only by manually holding the start switch open for about 10 seconds. It runs great after that. If I turn it off for a few minutes, it will start again OK. But If I leave it over-night, the same problem returns. I don't like holding the starter switch on; afraid it may do some damage. Any thoughts on what cure may be?

Hi,

See if there is an idle screw on the carburetor. If there is, turn it to see if this affects the gas flow.

See if turning it clockwise will reduce the gas and turning the screw counterclockwise will increase the gas.

There are some other tips on this link. I hope this helps you with your John Deere.

www.fixya.com/.../t14796321-john_deere_lt150_will_not_start_cranks

I think you are right about not holding down the starter switch, because it may burn out the starter.

If none of the above helps, I would call John Deere Support at:

1-800-356-9033

Their hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m., and Saturdays hours are 8:00 a.m.

to 12:00 pm. These hours are in the Central Time zone.

Blessings,

Robyn

There is a kill switch under the seat that prevents the mower from running unless someone is sitting on it. Maybe yours needs to be disconnected and reconnected to make the mower work.

30 hours is pretty new. Can you contact the store where you bought it and ask? I would not mess with it if it is still under warranty as you could invalidate the warranty. Go right to the store or the John Deere site that one of the other posters suggested. Is it possible there is a recall? That would result in a free fix. Best wishes!! Post back what you learn!