Keep Toothbrush Germ Free

Are you sick and tired of those awful toothbrush holders that need to be cleaned out constantly? Don't they gross you out? Have you been hearing on TV how filled with germs your bathroom is? This little tip takes care of both problems.

Take a CLEAN face cloth folded into the common square, place your toothbrush inside of it, period, done. About once a week, change the face cloth to a fresh one. No drippy mess, no chance for airborne germs to fall on your favorite toothbrush. Sanitary, neat, clean, practical, easy, cheap.

By hopeful from Sometimes Oregon, sometimes Texas

I am a germ a fob so yes I have read, seen TV, and researched how many germs are in bath rooms. Scary to me, and should be to others as well. I just put a empty plastic bag (zip lock kind) over my electric tooth brush. It works great!

The only thing about using a wash cloth is a damp brush will allow germs to breed. For one day until you use it next would be maybe ok. One week using same wash cloth just lets the germs be on the wash cloth.

Glad you take the toilet spraying 20 feet seriously, it is true. I wouldn't let my tooth brush be in same cloth for that long. Health and happiness to you!

Anonymous

I clean my toothbrush with peroxide and hot water. After brushing my teeth, I rinse the toothbrush with hot water then put in a glass of peroxide for about 5-10 minutes. I again rinse the toothbrush with hot water and put it in the toothbrush holder.

I would not store my brush in a damp cloth for a week, it needs to air out. the commercial toothbrush covers that are cheap-$1.00 for 3 is far better. To germ-a-phobs, clam down, I too like a clean house, the extremes causes problems for you and the environment if you are not using biodegradable cleaning liquids.

Vinegar, baking soda, soap and elbow grease are far more than adequate in a normal household. Hospitals are different places with different germs, so do not use them as your model. Your healthy immune system is stronger than you think. Frequent hand washing will go farther than all this nutty nonsense will.