Keeping Groceries Cold

Here in Nebraska, warm weather is just getting started and with that comes the problem of bringing home perishables and ice cream, a must around here. I keep a collapsible cooler under the seat during the season. When I remember, I stick a regular insulated cooler in but if I don't remember, I always have my collapsible one to fall back on. Living 60 miles from town, it is a must. When I check out, I put all of my cold things on the check out stand together and ask that they be sacked separately. That way they also are protected with the plastic.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City,NE

3 More Solutions

Put your perishables in a cooler. This will allow you to make multiple stops and not worry about food spoiling. This tip is especially useful in the warmer months. If it's really hot, throw in a couple of ice packs into the cooler.

Use Your Cooler When Grocery Shopping

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work and bought a package of pork chops for that night's dinner. I was concerned about keeping them safely cold in my hot car because I had other stops to make before I got home about two hours later.

Keep a cooler in your car to keep your frozen purchases, meats, and dairy items as cold as you can. If you forget, buy some frozen spinach to help keep things at the proper temperature.

In These Pages
Travel and Recreation TravelFebruary 28, 2012
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Groceries-Cold-1.html