Keeping Neighbor's Dog Out of the Yard

How do I stop the neighbor's dog from coming into my yard and pooping and peeing? We have a leash law, but they let their dog run free. If I call the dog officer they will know it's me complaining.

It appears the only way to resolve the problem is to either speak with them directly and/or call the dog officials. Either way they will be upset but they will then know that you mean business. However, if you do not want angry neighbors, then you can see the the years away in silence as their dog visits your yard.

You are not doing them a favor by ignoring the fact that the dog runs loose. It is not safe for the dog for many reasons. I would write them as friendly note as possible saying you are concerned for the dog.

You are giving them a" heads up" so they can address the issue. If nothing changes, then animal control will be notified.

Put a fence around your property. Then the dog can no longer trespass on your yard. Livestock fence shouldn't be expensive.

I had a neighbors two large dogs digging under the fence and coming into my yard ruining my plants. They dug so much I could see the pipes to my sprinkler system. My little dog still doesn't want to go in the back to do his thing; he heads to the front door.

The house is a owned by the resident's Father. I found his phone number and after complaining it's finally gotten better. The times they got in my yard I called animal control but by the time they got here the dogs had run back under and into their yard. If these dogs are roaming the neighborhood how would they know it was you calling. You need to call animal control because people like this don't care amount your property or anyone else.

I have called animal control before, not going to the owner first. That way you don't have to confront them yourself.

The results were they started keeping their dog under better control. I hope this helps.