ClothingRepair

Keeping Suit Jacket Lining from Bleeding onto Shirts

I have had a black pin stripe suit with a dark purple lining dry cleaned. The first time I wore it the lining transferred a pink dye all over a white shirt I was wearing. By the end of the evening mywhiteshirt looked pink.

Is there anything I can do to the jacket to stop the dye bleed, or am I destined always to wear dark shirts in future?

Did you wear the suit before you got it dry cleaned? If you did, and there was no bleeding, then the dry cleaner did something and should reimburse you.

If you did not wear the suit before you had it dry cleaned the dye may have come off because you were sweating. This should not happen and you should take it back to the store.

Once it bleeds, it probably will bleed every time.