Keeping Suit Jacket Lining from Bleeding onto Shirts

I have had a black pin stripe suit with a dark purple lining dry cleaned. The first time I wore it the lining transferred a pink dye all over a white shirt I was wearing. By the end of the evening mywhiteshirt looked pink.

Is there anything I can do to the jacket to stop the dye bleed, or am I destined always to wear dark shirts in future?

Did you wear the suit before you got it dry cleaned? If you did, and there was no bleeding, then the dry cleaner did something and should reimburse you.

If you did not wear the suit before you had it dry cleaned the dye may have come off because you were sweating. This should not happen and you should take it back to the store.

Once it bleeds, it probably will bleed every time.

Anonymous

The jacket didnt bleed before i had it dry cleaned, however i haven't worn the suit for a couple of years after it was dry cleaned and therefore cannot take it back to the cleaners. Thanks for the response, looks like i will have to only wear dark shirts with it in future.

Home and Garden Repair ClothingMay 5, 2019
🎄
🍂

ClothingRepair