Kenmore Sewing Machine Only Sews Zig Zag Stitch?

0
Share
5
Save
Follow
Print

My machine only zigzags. It won't sew a straight stitch anymore. Can someone help me?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

You might have a stick lever. Oil the machine first and see if that helps

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

I have an old Kennmore and when this happens, there is dust wuzzies in the mechanism that I turn to change from straight to zig zag. Mine came with a little brush and I carefully clean and then it clicks back to through the stitches.

I hope your issue is as simple. It is worrisome now that Sears are almost gone, who will service the machines. Still trying to find a good local person, but coming up short.

Post back if this works!

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

You do not say how old your machine is or what model so everything will refer to generic.

The problem with Kenmore machines is that Kenmore is the name Sears places on the things they sell and has nothing to do with what brand company made the machine for Sears.

If you Google Sears repair center with your zip code you can call them and ask for help but most important you can find out what company made your machine. Most of the repair centers are still in business.

Here is a link that is explaining how to correct a machine when it will only sew Zip Zag but it is the same instructions with your machine. Just be sure to use only sewing machine oil - very important - do not use 3in1 Oil or any other kind of oil - even in a pinch.

www.hunker.com/.../the-zigzag-stitch-wont-work-on-my...

Here is an old link but interesting reading on the same subject.

boards.straightdope.com/.../showthread.php?t=578639

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately the links are for machines that won't zig zag anymore. My problem is the opposite, my machine zig zags when it is supposed to straight stitch.

I can't repair a straight seam because my machine only zig zags. Thanks, anyway! I will trycleaning and oiling as others have suggested and see if that works.

It does not matter if it is the opposite - the same method will repair either way.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 3, 2018
😎
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Kenmore-Sewing-Machine-Only-Sews-Zig-Zag-Stitch.html