Kitchen Colour Advice

We have a lot of gray in the house, and in the living room I have black and white. I don't know what colour to do my kitchen in. I was thinking a nice yellow, but would that go with the rest of the house?

By S.F

Since the rest of your house sound pretty neutral, by all means go yellow. But do pick a shade below the one you find that you like, as it will brighten when applied. You might want to do a feature wall yellow and do the other two white or light grey.

I wouldn't paint it red, but I would use a lot of strong red accessories. I think red looks so good with grey, black or white.

I think gray goes well with any pastel color, yellow, peach ...

Blues look good with gray. They are on the cool side, and if you like a warmer color, pinks, corals and reds look good.

You can use almost any color with gray, but I think the trick is to use a warm color as gray can be almost too cool a color.

Yellow will be a nice warm color to go with the rest of your house. Black, white, and grey are neutrals, and just about anything will go with them. If the yellow and the grey will be next to each other, you might want to try out the yellow to see if it "goes". Some greys can make a yellow look kind of sickly green; the right yellow will look warm and inviting.