Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I am renting a house that is about 100 years old. I can do anything but I am not allowed to touch the paneling. The kitchen paneling is dark. I have an old white metal sink and one white metal cabinet. I would like to know what colors would look good with the paneling. I am trying to stay away from white. I would like it to be inviting colors.

Lesley from Knoxville

Answers:

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

To the lady who is renting and can't touch the paneling. If you have any color of brown in the walls, you can't go wrong with blues. They compliment each other, and different shades can compliment any shade of brown. Just look at about any fabric center, and you will find blues and browns. You can accessorize with blue things like curtains, pots and pans, speckled ware, etc. Here's the top of my fridge against very dark cabinets. Hope this helps! (08/21/2008)

By Poor But Proud

RE: Kitchen Paint Color Advice

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

My daughter and I have both use fabric panels dipped in liquid starch and smoothed on the walls. Much like you would wall paper. But when you get tired of that color, or it gets dirty, just pull it off and wash it. (08/21/2008)

By Debbie