Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I just purchased a condo. The counter tops are an ugly orange from the 80s. I want to paint my kitchen, but have no idea where to start. The kitchen has more cupboards and less walls to paint. The cupboards are brown.

The bathroom also has the ugly orange vanity. The walls at this time are white in the kitchen and bathroom.

I would choose a pale yellow.

So you are keeping the orange! Cool!! Orange can be really nice if pared with a warm creamy yellow paint or a creamy/ivory white.

It will go nice with the brown cabinets. You can use black accents for glam, blue accents for warmth, green accents for an outside feel or if you are into the citrus theme...lime or watermelon for drama and pizzazz!

I have friends who took all of the cabinet doors off in their kitchen, they left some of the shelving open and put wall paper in the back (something neutral) and then some they hung tension rods and curtains...so if you go that route, you can make the room a little more neutral if you are looking for a warmer feel.

Have fun with it. Isn't orange the new orange!!

Thanks. I am one who likes color in the kitchen so I think the creamy yellow who be good. I like to collect apple or sunflower hangings.

Post pictures when it is done! It sounds lovely!!

Turquoise walls are an option to consider. You might also want to consider painting the walls a shade of orange that is lighter/softer on the eyes than the counter tops.

Oh I would definitely go with a pale gray, it will help tone down the orange and if you can go with black kitchen appliances, kettle , coffee pot, toaster, etc, this will also help.

I had the same orange on the sink vanity in my bathroom. I painted the walls with a peach color which kept the vanity from sticking out.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 20, 2018
🍂
🎄