Kitten With Eye Infection

I have three kittens which are about 6 weeks old, there is pus in their eyes, and each time they sleep, they stick shut. I put a warm compress on them to open their eyes, but it does not help much. I just don't know what happened to their eyes. I've had kittens before with cold in their eyes, and treatment took care of them. I don't know what to do for these poor babies.

By Jacqueline

Best Answer

Please, visit Amazon and look at this product:

Vetericyn Ophthalmic Gel 2.0 oz
https://www.ama  r?tag=thrif06-20

Read the reviews and consider giving this product a try. I did not need the eye drops but after reading the reviews, I bought other products from the Vetericyn line for my cats and they work! I sure hope that this helps.

My kitten also has eye and nose discharge. At this time I can't afford to pay attention, anyway several friends and a neighbor have suggested I wash w warm water and very sparingly apply Neosporin.

Any info about this?

It may have an upper respiratory infection if that is the case thn they HAVE to go to the Vet .

" If the discharge coming from your kittys nose is green//yellow, this indicates infection and kitty will need antibiotics. Clavamox oral suspension is an excellent antibiotic for kitties and you may obtain it without a prescription from this online drug store:
http://www.vetserv-usa.com/.

Be sure to buy the oral suspension: 50/12.5mg/ml. Kittens receive ¼ ml twice per day. Kitties 5-7lbs receive 1/2 ml twice per day. Over 7lbs receive 1ml twice per day.

If there is no time to wait for a shipment of meds to come in, you can go to most pet and aquarium stores and buy Fish Mox, in the fish section, which is Amoxicillin.
Important mixing instructions: You will need a small bottle to mix & keep the medication in. If you buy the 250mg Fish Mox, crush the pill, then dilute it with 5ml of water in the bottle & mix well. For the 500mg crush the pill then mix it with 10ml of water. This dilutes the Fish Mox (Amoxicillin) to 50mg per 1ml which is the same dosage one gets from the vet. Kittens under 5lbs receive .25ml 2 x per day & kitties over 5lbs receive .50ml 2 x per day. Large kitties apx 10lbs receive 1ml

Many times cats will slow down and/or completely stop eating and drinking when they have URI. It is imperative you watch your kitty closely as dehydration sets in very quickly and can kill them if not treated immediately!"

The following is an excellent site I go to for cat advice.
Many of my cats are suffering from allergies colds, as I took them in as fosters and they did not get the best start in life.

http://www.apla  catcaretips/uri/

Here is the link for the vetricyn opth. gel

http://www.amaz  1&tag=thrif06-20

It is really awesome!

how can get reed of the puss in there eyes ?

Anonymous

My friend,who is a vet told,me to buy Teramyacin ointment. You can get it at d&b, zamziws, farm stores, etc. IT'S TOTALLY AMAZING, works like magic!

Anonymous

This may sound insaine to you but we recently ran into the same problem with a kitten we rescued so when warm compress didn't help I decided to treat her the same as I would my babies..I could not place anything on the eyes so I made a cup of REAL GREEN TEA and after It cooled we washed her eyes with it & then put one drop in each eye every four hours & began to clean the outside every two hours with a cotton ball dipped in Braggs organic Apple cider vinegar & I less then 48 hrs everything was completely clear.