Kitten Has Discharge from Eye

What do I do to treat my Siamese kitten's eye discharge?

Best Answer

Use warm washcloth to wash it and smear it with triple antibiotic ointment. Not the cream. If it doesn't clear up within a few days, take the kitten to the vet to avoid permanent vision damage.

Anonymous

Can i ues bacitracin. If i dont have tripple antibiotic ointment

Mi 4 week old kitten has both eye closed shut I've been using warm water bathing um but I still wake up every morning bathing um coz there shut again could u please help me an any idea what I can do for it please

can i do this with a 3 week old kitten

Best Answer

I have always treated kitten's eyes with instant tea. Just enough to slightly color the water. dip cotton balls in it and bathe the kitten's eyes with it. Use a clean ball after each swipe. The little bit of tannic acid is just enough to cleanse and heal. but you don't want to use tea made with a tea bag because it can be too strong.

Best Answer

I used tea from a tea bag. I let it steep for about 3 minutes. Let it cool with an icecube. I dipped a cotton ball about 1/4 in tea. Gently placed on kittens eye for about 5 seconds to let the matter soften then wipe outward.

Using a second cotton ball the same way on the other eye. If really matted repeat until matter is gone. I did this 3 times a day and by the third day all was clean and all kittens were happy.

What kinda tea? Dose it matter?

What kind of tea bag?

I have found that weak tea from instant is best. Tea bags are too strong. Just enough to lightly tint the water. Apply with a saturated cotton ball. If it gets gunky, just reapply with a clean ball. Discharge is usually gone by the next day. Brand doesn't matter.

I have 9 month cat . We think some in has eye . Or my other cat got him . Can I use tea to help has eye ?

What kind of tea did you use?

Best Answer

Farm Supply told me warm salt water. It works to clean the eyes out but isn't a cure. I have to clean their eyes three to four times a day.

Every morning they are a little worse. I don't know what else to do. I have four kittens, three of which are really bad. No money for a vet

Some vets (especially those with the free clinics or affiliated with a rescue) will offer free advice over the phone if you explain your situation. If you have a local pharmacy that also sells pet meds, they definitely give free advice over the phone.

So this is just me with my little paranoid edge to me...but there is one thing I never take crowd source advice for and that is medical info for people or pets. I just don't want to die of a misprint :)

There is a website that claims to give free advice for pet owners...it is www.petcoach.co/ I have NOT used it...I am very blessed to have a lovely vet who will answer the occasion questions over the phone for free. It can't hurt to try.

Healing wishes for your fur kids!! Prayers too!

Have treated different cats with chamomile tea bags, steep for a few minutes then let it cool down and clean the eyes with this water 4 times a day or every few hours as needed,, soothes and heals the conjunctivitis.