Leek Soup Recipes
Read More Comments
One of my band mates got me hooked on his leek and fennel soup at a dinner party, and this is my creamier version of his. Thanks, Steve! This is easy to make and is so hearty, it makes for a great entree. Enjoy!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 bowls
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tsp bouillon granules
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the top green part of the leek and save it for something else.
- Take the white and light green part and give them a rough chop.
- Remove the top of the fennel bulb and save it for something else. Rough chop half the bulb.
- Peel and chop the potato. Add it, along with the leeks and fennel, to a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover the contents. Add bouillon granules, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Use an emersion blender in the pot or use a blender to puree the soup.
- To make a roux, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbling, then add the flour. Stir to make a thick paste.
- Add milk to the flour and butter paste, stirring constantly.
- Mix well until it's a thick, silky consistency.
- Pour roux into the soup and blend well with emersion blender or in your blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great winter soup. Very hearty and filling.
Wash leeks very well. Slice and use white only. In a 1/4 cup of butter, saute leeks until soft but not brown. Remove and set aside.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.