Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup Recipes
Start a pot of this hearty soup in the morning for a hot delicious meal that evening. This page contains slow cooker potato leek soup recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We had a lot of leeks leftover from another recipe so we decided to make potato leek soup. This crockpot recipe is easy to make and so yummy!
Total Time: 8 hours
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium leeks, washed and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 box (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pt heavy cream (or half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Wash, peel, and dice the potatoes. Also wash and dice the leeks. Place potatoes in crockpot. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat.
- Add leeks and vegetable broth. Stir. Then add butter and push it to the bottom. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW. Stir periodically.
- Once potatoes are soft, pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the crockpot and add heavy cream. Stir well.
- If you want to add cheese, do so now. Also, add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
September 24, 20160 found this helpful
When the weather turns cold, a pot of this hearty, nutritious soup will warm you on the inside. This is a guide about stovetop potato leek soup.
May 29, 20130 found this helpful
This crockpot Potato Leek Soup recipe is easy to make and so yummy! If you have left over potatoes or leeks this is a great way to use them up.
View the full recipe here: Crockpot Potato Leek Soup