Crockpot Potato Leek Soup
We had a lot of leeks leftover from another recipe so we decided to make potato leek soup. This crockpot recipe is easy to make and so yummy!
Total Time: 8 hours
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium leeks, washed and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 box (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pt heavy cream (or half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Wash, peel, and dice the potatoes. Also wash and dice the leeks. Place potatoes in crockpot. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat.
- Add leeks and vegetable broth. Stir. Then add butter and push it to the bottom. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW. Stir periodically.
- Once potatoes are soft, pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the crockpot and add heavy cream. Stir well.
- If you want to add cheese, do so now. Also, add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!