Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Casserole
Making use of all your leftovers saves you money. This is about how to make a leftover stuffing breakfast casserole
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I don't love stuffing as leftovers as much as I do when it's fresh. This breakfast casserole really brings it back to life. With a few mix-ins, eggs, and cheese, you'll be sure to love this treat. I serve it as a hearty brunch and it's always such a big hit.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 3 beef franks
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (whites and greens divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a large pan over medium heat and cook franks, apples, and whites of green onions until browned, a few minutes. Add garlic and cook a couple minutes longer.
- Stir this mixture into the leftover stuffing.
- Grease a 9x9 in. baking dish and pour the stuffing mixture in, patting it down evenly.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in most of the cheese, leaving some to sprinkle the top of the casserole with.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the stuffing mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved shredded cheese.
- Top with green parts of chopped green onions. Bake for until cooked through and golden, about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes, then cut into squares and serve.